Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Tiny House Dream - It takes time

  “There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which grows slowly, endures.” – Josiah Gilbert Holland

I am in love with my tiny house dream. I watch shows on HGTV, FYI and search the internet for inspiration and ideas. I picture what it will look like. What colors will I use? How will it be laid out? Will I have one on wheels to travel and move with, or will it be on foundation as I settle in for my older age? I have joined several groups, visit other tiny house people's pages and blogs. I have done materials research and contacted a few builders. I co-organize and co-host the South Florida Tiny Home Association. Yes, I am FULLY engaged in a dream to live tiny! But, my dream is not just going to present itself magically at my doorstep and it won't happen overnight. Having a dream is important. However, at some point, reality declares that in order for your dream to come,  you must plan and take action.

The first question you must ask yourself is if you are ready to downsize and live in a home that is "tiny". Talk to your friends, other tiny house people and look at the challenges associated with living tiny.  Book a tiny home vacation to see how it feels to live tiny. Otherwise, in your impulsive romantic desire to live the latest trend, you could find yourself a few months down the road realizing it's "not for you". Time, money and effort have been spent that may not be recoverable.

If you do these things and you're tiny house dream still stirs you every morning and consumes your thoughts, then the work begins. Now comes the planning stage. It will not be easy, even if you are able to have someone build it for you. However, there are resources available to help you establish a plan. These tell you that a budget is essential or that you must search for the resources and materials you will need. Either way, it requires discipline, effort and time. Some days will be good and things will go smooth, and others will be frustrating with mistakes and delays. As you persist in moving forward and invest in your dream, it will slowly and surely take shape. Like the tree home in the picture, it is a process that begins from inside. I encourage you to carefully consider your dream, see if living tiny is for you.

God's blessings on your journey to what's been planted in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Tiny Homes you can Purchase right Now!!!

Do you know how much is a Tiny Home?  This link will give you an idea!!  Purchase a Tiny Home   The Traveler  Please read th...