Wednesday, August 5, 2015

What's Your Tiny Home Dream?

My dream is to live in a home on foundation with a total square footage of less than 500. I want to live in a pocket community that focuses on social connection, eco-sustainability, renewable energy sources and gardening. Having my own space is important even though I love connecting with others! Life is rich when we simply share and converse with others. We learn about other cultures and are able to build bridges through the things we have in common, such as food!

http://homefronthomes.com/r_gulf_coast.htm

In my search for eco-friendly and green building materials and builders, I have come across both a manufacturer here in Florida and a builder in my area that work together. I am very excited about this and will begin a search for a place to build this community!

What is your dream? Maybe you want to live in a tiny home on wheels and be free to travel. Or perhaps you're more into the modern/industrial style and prefer a container home. Whatever your dream is, we want to partner with you in bringing this into reality through resources, promotion and working to amend and change current outdated building and zoning codes. The truth is that we need you. This is not only our dream we're working for, but yours as well. Please attend our meetups and join our Facebook group.

http://www.meetup.com/South-Florida-Tiny-Home-Movement/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sftha/

1 comment:

  1. Update on this type of building; spoke with one of the dealers here in Broward. He told me that SIPs (Structural Insulated Panels) are not approved for the tri-county area. Why? No clue. Seems to me that these would hold up better than a modular home and are much better insulated. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete

5 Tiny Homes you can Purchase right Now!!!

Do you know how much is a Tiny Home?  This link will give you an idea!!  Purchase a Tiny Home   The Traveler  Please read th...